Novartis Oncology has announced the 2013 Warner Advocacy Award, named in honor of the late Monica Warner, a driving force behind the Carcinoid Cancer Foundation for two decades and extraordinary advocate for carcinoid and neuroendocrine tumor patients. Presented by Novartis Oncology through Patient Advocacy and The NET Alliance™, the 2013 Warner Advocacy Award will be given to the individual who best embodies the spirit, passion, and dedication of Monica Warner. Nominations are now being accepted and all submissions are due by 5 pm (Eastern Standard Time) on Friday, July 12, 2013.
The winner of this year’s award will be announced in the fall of 2013. The recipient will receive an individual award of recognition (nonmonetary). Novartis Oncology will present a $10,000 donation to an approved 501(c)(3) charitable organization of the winner’s choice. Institutions and non-501(c)(3) organizations are not eligible to receive the award.
Nominees may be patients, caregivers, or advocates who work in the United States. Although Novartis recognizes the contributions and dedication of healthcare professionals, this award is not intended to be given to a healthcare professional.
Nominations will be reviewed for the following criteria:
- Number of years as an advocate
- Number of patients assisted
- Innovation of patient-focused project(s)
(Examples of projects include, but are not limited to: brochures, awareness outreach, teleconferences, one-on-one counseling, local/regional/national/international conferences, interactive Web activity)
- Area of outreach (local, regional, national, international)
- Facilitation of positive change
- Number of educational programs hosted yearly
(Examples of programs include, but are not limited to: webcasts, phone conferences, face-to-face meetings)
- Frequency of interactions with patients (monthly, weekly, several times a week)
- Evidence of collaboration with group leaders (local, regional, national, international)
- If anyone from the nominee’s advocacy group had previously won the award
Previous recipients of the Warner Advocacy Award:
- Susan Anderson 2012
- Jan Naritomi-Hart 2011
- Maryann Wahmann 2010