In addition to the resources listed on this page, please also see Tips and Resources in the For Patients section of our website by CLICKING HERE.
These organizations help to provide housing for patients and families during their medical treatments.
- (NAHHH) National Association of Hospital Hospitality HousesNAHHH is a membership organization of hospital hospitality house type programs. This site provides a directory of lodgings for families of hospital patients and/or hospital outpatients. struggling with a medical crisis. The National Association of Hospital Hospitality Houses is a network of houses all around the United States. They provide lodging and support for people of all ages and all walks of life who are dealing with medical emergencies far from their homes. Hospitality Houses have been one of the world’s best kept secrets. Won’t you please help these “homes that help and heal” become known to the world?”The toll free telephone number is: 800-542-9730Web site: www.nahhh.org
- Miracle House.org
Miracle House provides housing and support services to the families and friends of those living with AIDS or Cancer, as well as Cancer patients and their caregivers. For more information visit their website at www.miraclehouse.org
- Carcinoid cancer patients and their families can find help and hope if they have to travel far from home for treatments. Each American Cancer Society Hope Lodge “offers cancer patients and their families a free, temporary place to stay when their best hope for effective treatment may be in another city. Not having to worry about where to stay or how to pay for lodging allows Hope Lodge guests to focus on the most important thing: getting well.” And a Hope Lodge also provides “a nurturing, home-like environment where patients and caregivers can retreat to private rooms or connect with others who are going through many of the same experiences.” To read more about the program and see a complete list of Hope Lodges throughout the United States, CLICK HERE.
- Joe’s House is an online nationwide lodging resource for cancer patients and their families who must travel away from home for medical treatment. The website lists cancer treatment centers and hospitals across the country with nearby lodging facilities that offer a discount. Joe’s House can be reached toll-free at 1-877-563-7468(1-877-JOESHOU). Read more
These organizations may be helpful as you plan your medical travel needs.
- The National Patient Travel CenterThe National Patient Travel HELPLINE provides information about all forms of charitable, long-distance medical air transportation and provides referrals to all appropriate sources of help available in the national charitable medical air transportation network. You can find the services they offer at PatientTravel.org or call 1-800-296-1217.
- Angel FlightAngel Flight primarily serves patients needing transportation to or from the heartland region. As members of the Air Care Alliance, a group of organizations providing similar services throughout the United States.www.angelflightsoars.org
- Corporate Angels (Cancer Patients fly Free)Corporate Angel Network is the only charitable organization in the USA whose sole mission is to ease the emotional stress, physical discomfort and financial burden of travel for cancer patients by arranging free flights to treatment centers, using the empty seats on corporate aircraft flying on routine business.www.corpangelnetwork.org
- The Air Care AlliancePatient Transport by aircraft is provided for free by many volunteer pilot organizations. The Air Care Alliance provides the only website which lists all known volunteer pilot organizations providing patient transportation and flying for the public benefit.
- The Angel BusThe Angel Bus is dedicated to providing compassionate, non-emergency, long-distance ground transportation to patients in need. Angel Bus utilizes motor coaches and their volunteer drivers as well as commercial buses.Patients may access help from Angel Bus by calling 1-800-768-0238 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Patient AirLift Services arranges free air transportation based on need to individuals requiring medical care and for other humanitarian purposes. Volunteer pilots provide this service without compensation using their own or rented aircraft. In no case are fees of any kind charged for these services. Generally the individuals who utilize these services have limited financial resources or are receiving diagnosis, treatment or follow-up for various types of acute or chronic illnesses or conditions that make it either financially impossible or otherwise infeasible to use public commercial or private charter transportation. Call 888-818-1231 for more information.
- Mercy Medical Angels strives to provide charitable airline tickets for distant medical care. We work with the individual airlines to ensure those in need have transportation to life-saving medical treatment. The Mercy Medical Angels program is administered by Mercy Medical Airlift. For more information call 757-318-9174.
- Southwest Airlines Medical Transportation. Through the Southwest Airlines Medical Transportation Grant Program (MTGP) complimentary, roundtrip tickets are provided to nonprofit hospitals and medical transportation organizations. Southwest allows participating nonprofit hospitals and medical transportation nonprofit organizations the freedom to determine how to distribute the tickets to patients and/or caregivers.