Do you know someone who is a passionate advocate for patients with neuroendocrine tumors (NETs)? The NET Alliance™ and Novartis Oncology have announced the 2014 Warner Advocacy Award, named in honor of the late Monica Warner, a driving force behind the Carcinoid Cancer Foundation for two decades and extraordinary advocate for carcinoid and NET patients. The 2014 Warner Advocacy Award will be given to the individual who best embodies the spirit, passion, dedication, and leadership of Monica Warner. Mrs. Warner was a strong voice for patients and, although she passed away in 2009, the spirit of her commitment and hard work lives on.
Nominations are now being accepted and all submissions are due by 5 pm (Eastern Standard Time) on Friday, June 13, 2014.
The winner of this year’s award will be announced in September. The recipient will receive an individual award of recognition (non-monetary). Novartis Oncology will present a $10,000 donation to an approved 501(c)(3) charitable organization of the winner’s choice. Institutions and non-501(c)(3) organizations are not eligible to receive the award.
Although Novartis recognizes the contributions and dedication of healthcare professionals, this award is not intended to be given to a healthcare professional.
Nominations will be reviewed for the following criteria:
- Number of years as an advocate
- Number of patients assisted
- Innovation of patient-focused project(s) (Examples of projects include, but are not limited to: brochures, awareness outreach, teleconferences, one-on-one counseling, local/regional/national/international conferences, interactive Web activity)
- Area of outreach (local, regional, national, international)
- Facilitation of positive change
- Number of educational programs hosted yearly (Examples of programs include, but are not limited to: webcasts, phone conferences, face-to-face meetings)
- Frequency of interactions with patients (monthly, weekly, several times a week)
- Evidence of collaboration with group leaders (local, regional, national, international)
- Previous Warner Award winners from the same advocacy group
Previous recipients of the Warner Advocacy Award:
- Jim Weiveris 2013
- Susan Anderson 2012
- Jan Naritomi-Hart 2011
- Maryann Wahmann 2010