The UK Markey Cancer Center in Lexington, Kentucky, will host OncLive’s State of the Science Summit on Neureoendocrine Tumors (NETs) on Saturday, April 20, 2019. The Summit is “designed to educate healthcare professionals on the clinical benefits associated with new science driving new thinking in cancer management.” The UK Markey Cancer Center offers a multidisciplinary NET clinic.
NET cancer expert Dr. Lowell Anthony will chair the program. Presenters from UK include radiologist Dr. Riham El Khouli, surgical oncologist Dr. Joseph Kim, and medical oncologist Dr. Aman Chauhan.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Diagnosis, classification and staging of neuroendocrine tumors (NETs).
- Multidisciplinary care of NETS.
- NETs and carcinoid syndrome.
- Role of somatostatin analogs (SSAs) in advanced NETs.
- Role of peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT) in the management of advanced NETs.
- Sequencing approaches.
- Emerging therapies for the treatment of NETs.
The Summit will be held in the Hyatt Regency Lexington, 401 West High Street, from 9 am to 1 pm, on Saturday, April 20.
Registration for the Summit is free. Click here for more information and to register.