A new co-pay assistance program for carcinoid syndrome patients taking Sandostatin® LAR Depot has been established by Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, effective February 2014.
With the Sandostatin® LAR Depot Co-Pay Assistance Program, eligible patients with the severe diarrhea and flushing associated with carcinoid syndrome pay a $25.00 maximum co-pay for their Sandostatin® LAR Depot prescriptions.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation will pay the remainder of the co-pay for Sandostatin® LAR Depot
- For commercial patients, up to $9,600 per calendar year
- For cash patients, up to $800 per injection and $9600 per calendar year
You are eligible if you:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Have been diagnosed with the severe diarrhea and flushing symptoms associated with carcinoid tumors (carcinoid syndrome)
- Have been prescribed and receive an approved dose of Sandostatin® LAR Depot
- Live in the United States or Puerto Rico
- Have commercial insurance with medical and/or prescription benefits that cover Sandostatin® LAR Depot or are paying in full for your Sandostatin® LAR Depot
- Are not on Medicare, Medicaid, or other coverage under any federal or state health care program
How to enroll:
Ask your health care provider or call Patient Assistance NOW Oncology (PANO) to learn about co-pay assistance. Call PANO at 1-800-282-7630.
Depending upon your particular type of insurance, you will either be directed to a website to print out a co-pay card or the patient specialist will work directly with your doctor’s office to help you pay for the co-pay associated with Sandostatin LAR Depot.
Download the Sandostatin® LAR Depot Patient Co-Pay Assistance Program Overview here
Download the Sandostatin® LAR Depot Co-Pay Assistance Program Application (all states & Puerto Rico, except for California) here
Download the Sandostatin® LAR Depot Co-Pay Assistance Program Application (California only) here
Visit the Sandostatin® LAR Depot Co-Pay Assistance Program website for patients/caregivers here