Carcinoid and neuroendocrine cancer survivors and anyone who has been affected by cancer — patients, friends, families, caregivers — are invited by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) to share their emotions through art and inspire hope in others. ASCO is accepting artwork submissions for the 2011-2012 Expressions of Hope wall calendar until Wednesday, August 31, 2011. Artwork submitted after August 31 will be considered for future calendars.
Carcinoid cancer is the focus of the 2011 Expressions of Hope April calendar page. The oil painting “The Song Bird Keeps Singing” is the work of Adria Di Maria, mother of carcinoid patient Marlena Johnston, who was diagnosed with carcinoid cancer in 2010. “While [her most recent surgery] was successful, the recovery was difficult with a slew of minor complications which wore down her spirit; my song bird seemed to have lost her voice,” said Ms. Di Maria about her daughter. “I reassured her that this latest challenge could be met . . . with grace and dignity.” READ MORE about Adria and Marlena.
- Artwork for the 2011-2012 calendar must be submitted by August 31, 2011. Artwork submitted after this date will be considered for future calendars.
- Artwork must not have been previously published.
- Artwork may be submitted on paper or canvas any size up to 16” x 20”. Horizontal images are encouraged. If you have a non-horizontal image, please note that it will need to be cropped to accommodate the calendar layout.
- If your artwork has already been scanned or photographed or if your artwork was originally electronic, please send your highest-resolution tiff file on a CD along with your artwork.
- Photography submitted will need to be able to accommodate 9 5/8” x 7 1/4” at 300dpi to be included in the 2011-2012 calendar.
- Artwork must be one dimensional. Mediums may include but are not limited to oil, watercolor, charcoals, acrylics, pencil, pen and ink, crayon, etc.
- All artwork will be returned. ASCO cannot be responsible for any damages incurred during shipment.
Please complete and submit the artwork submission form with your official entry. There is no fee to submit artwork. You can also read biographies of the people whose artwork was included in the 2010-2011 calendar by CLICKING HERE.