There are only a few spots left and registration closes on July 5 for the 2010 San Francisco Carcinoid and Neuroendocrine Tumor Patient Conference, sponsored by InterScience Institute (ISI) and the Carcinoid Cancer Awareness Network (CCAN). Join neuroendocrine cancer patients, caregivers, friends and physicians from as far away as Alaska and Louisiana to learn more about “A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Diagnosis, Treatment and Monitoring of NETs.” The conference will be held on Saturday, July 17th at the Crowne Plaza San Francisco International Airport Hotel in Burlingame, California, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The guest speakers and their topics are:
- Dr. Eugene Woltering, Neuroendocrine Cancer Patients – A Personalized Approach to Choosing the Best Course of Treatment
- Dr. Aaron Vinik, Neuroendocrine Tumors: Recognition, Potential New Therapies and a Look at the Future
- Paris Mamikunian, The Science Behind the Tests – Assessing NET Patient Biomarkers
- Robert Wahmann, New Advances in World NET Patient Advocacy
- Dr. Thomas O’Dorisio, Choosing Options of Care and the Value of Tumor Markers in the Process
- Dr. Vay Liang W. Go, Nutrition and Gastroenteropancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors (GEP-NETs)
For further information or to register, contact the Carcinoid Cancer Awareness Network, toll-free at 1-866-850-9555, www.carcinoidawareness.org.