Thorvardur (Thor) R. Halfdanarson, MD
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Dr. Thorvardur (Thor) R. Halfdanarson is the featured guest for CCF’s Luncheon with the Experts on Thursday, March 11, 2021. Dr. Halfdanarson focuses on gastrointestinal malignancies, especially neuroendocrine tumors and hepatobiliary tumors. His clinical focus includes: management of neuroendocrine malignancies of all types and origins; diagnosis and management of patients with cancers of unknown primary site; and thoracic malignancies, especially neuroendocrine tumors (lung NETs). In addition to his clinical activities, Dr. Halfdanarson is active in both research and education. His research focus is primarily on neuroendocrine tumors ranging from epidemiology to therapy including novel therapeutics in clinical trials.
Dr. Halfdanarson is an assistant program director for the Hematology/Oncology fellowship program at Mayo Clinic. He has received numerous awards for teaching residents and fellows. He also serves on the Board of Directors of the North American Neuroendocrine Tumor Society, NANETS, and is a member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, NCCN, Guidelines Panel for Neuroendocrine and Adrenal Tumors.
To make an appointment with Dr. Halfdanarson, click here: https://www.mayoclinic.org/biographies/halfdanarson-thorvardur-thor-r-m-d/bio-20055636.
- Neuroendocrine Tumor care at Mayo Clinic: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/neuroendocrine-tumors/care-at-mayo-clinic/mac-20354135
- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=halfdanarson+t (Some of these articles are available in full text at no charge, see Free PMC Articles; others are abstracts)
- https://www.mayo.edu/research/clinical-trials/faculty-search-results?authid=13510801 (Click on the study title to see more information about the study including description of the study, participation eligibility, and participating Mayo Clinic locations)
- Mayo Clinic on Twitter, https://twitter.com/MayoClinic
- Dr. Halfdanarson on Twitter, https://twitter.com/OncoThor