Pamela Ryan, RN, BSN, ONN-CG
Oncology Nurse Navigator
Ochsner Medical Center Neuroendocrine Tumor Clinic
Pamela Ryan is an Oncology Nurse Navigator with the Ochsner Medical Center Neuroendocrine Tumor Clinic (NOLANETS) in Louisiana. She was a vital part of building NOLANETS after Hurricane Katrina and responsible for its overall growth. She took the lead in the start-up of an Infusion Center, and started many service lines involving complex treatment options for neuroendocrine tumors such as liver-directed therapy, MIBG therapy, and PRRT (peptide receptor radionuclide therapy). Pam created the guidelines on neuroendocrine cancers for oncology nurse navigators and she wrote the protocol on pre-workup for NET patients to ensure that they get the most out of their visit.
As an advocate for the NET community, Pam started the first Louisiana patient support group for NET patients and serves as its cohost, served as host and co-coordinator of 3 national NET patient conferences, and co-hosted a regional North American Neuroendocrine Tumor Society (NANETS) professional conference. Pam was selected as one of two 2019 Monica Warner Award recipients, a program created by Novartis in 2009, as exemplifying the passion, dedication, leadership, and spirit with which Monica Warner assisted patients, caregivers, and families affected by NET.
- Neuroendocrine Tumor Clinic (NOLANETS) at Ochsner Medical Center: https://www.ochsner.org/services/neuroendocrine-tumor-program
- Monica Warner Award: https://www.carcinoid.com/monica-warner-award/monica-warner-award-home
- North American Neuroendocrine Tumor Society (NANETS): https://nanets.net
- NOLANETS on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nolanets
- Ochsner Health on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OchsnerHealth
- Ochsner Health on Twitter: https://twitter.com/OchsnerHealth