SNMMI Patient Education Day – Hybrid (In-Person and Virtual)
The Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging will offer a special Patient Education Day as part of its 2022 Annual Meeting. This free event offers patients and caregivers a unique opportunity to learn about the role of nuclear medicine in diagnosing and treating disease. The morning sessions offer an overview of nuclear medicine, radiation safety, and clinical trials. This will be followed by lunch and breakout sessions specific to disease types. For those attending in person, you’ll also have an opportunity to tour the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging exhibit hall to learn about current and emerging technologies and pharmaceuticals.
The Neuroendocrine Tumor breakout session (1:30 – 3:30 PDT) will feature:
- Josh Mailman, MBA, President, NorCal CarciNET Community, Ripon, CA (moderator)
- Simron Singh, MD, MPH, Medical Oncologist, Sunnybrook Research Institute, Toronto, ON
- Richard P. Baum, MD, PhD, Chairman, Advanced Theranostics Center for Radiomolecular Precision Oncology at Curanosticum – Deutsche Klinik für Diagnostik, Wiesbaden-Frankfurt, Germany
- Rebecca Wong, MD, Radiation Oncologist, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Denny Organ, NET Patient Perspective
The event will be held at the Pan Pacific Hotel in Vancouver, BC, Canada.