The following organizations offer information about financial, travel and housing assistance for cancer patients. Each organization has their own set of guidlines regarding approval for financial assistance.
- American Cancer Society (ACS) Managing Day to DayMedical Insurance and Financial Assistance for the Cancer Patient
- Cancer Care “When you don’t know where to turn”, Cancer Care can help. If you or someone you know has just been diagnosed with carcinoid cancer—or has been living with carcinoid cancer for some time—you may have questions or need support. This web site define the five areas of service they offer for carcinoid cancer patients and their families.
- National Cancer Institute (NCI) Financial Assistance for Cancer CareCancer imposes heavy economic burdens on both patients and their families. For many people, a portion of medical expenses is paid by their health insurance plan. For individuals who do not have health insurance or who need financial assistance to cover health care costs, resources are available, including Government-sponsored programs and services supported by voluntary organizations.
- Novartis Patient Assistance Program Novartis is committed to providing access to our medications for those most in need through the Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation’s Patient Assistance Program (PAP). PAP provides assistance to patients experiencing financial hardship who have no third party insurance coverage for their medicines.
- Novartis Sandostatin LAR Depot Co-Pay Assistance Program Effective February 2014, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation has established a Co-Pay Assistance Program for carcinoid syndrome patients taking Sandostatin LAR Depot. Read more
- Ipsen Cares On December 16, 2014 the Food and Drug Administration approved Somatuline Depot (lanreotide) for treatment of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (GEP-NETs) in adult patients with unresectable, well or moderately differentiated, locally advanced or metastatic disease to improve progression-free survival (PFS). Ipsen Cares is a program that helps patients with coverage, access, reimbursement and education support. Read more