The original guide for NET nurses was prepared by the National Centre for Neuroendocrine Tumours at Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway, in cooperation with the patient association, CarciNor, NNTG (the Norwegian Neuroendocrine Tumour Group) and NSSF (the Norwegian Neuroendocrine Nursing Forum). The Norwegian authors generously granted permission to revise and update the booklet so that it could be made applicable to a wide European audience. While specifically published for nurses caring for NET patients throughout Europe, the guide is also a valuable tool for nurses caring for NET patients throughout the world. Please note that treatment options vary by country.
The guide includes the following chapters:
- Overview of Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Different Types of Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Symptoms Associated with Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Overview of the Investigation Phase
- Treatment Options for Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Nursing Considerations in Caring for Patients with Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Psychosocial Aspects
Click here to download the guide.