If you are looking for a doctor then this is the best place to start.
Nationally and/or internationally recognized carcinoid/NET specialists are indicated by light blue shading in the physician's listing.
How do we define a carcinoid/NET specialist?
- 10-20 years or more experience in treating carcinoid/NET patients
- Authored or coauthored more than 10 peer review articles on carcinoid/NETs
- Treating 100+ carcinoid/NET patients over time
Carcinoid/NET Friendly Physicians
It is very difficult for many carcinoid/NETs patients to find a local physician to meet their medical needs on an ongoing basis. In addition to specialists there are doctors from a variety of medical fields that have been identified as:
- Having an interest in diagnosing and treating carcinoid and neuroendocrine tumor patients
- Willing to consult with national and international carcinoid/NETs specialists
- Recommended by patients who use them locally and trust the (patients' comments are often included for these doctors)
You should be aware that not all the doctors listed here have the same treatment approach. You must make your own inquiries as to whether a particular doctor's approach complements how you want to treat your condition. In that regard, talking to your family doctor, and other carcinoid patients, whether at a local support group or in one of the online groups may help you make your decision.
Support groups are also an excellent source for information about local doctors who have gained experience in treating carcinoid/NETs.
No endorsement by the Foundation is intended of any of the doctors on this list, nor should an endorsement be inferred or implied.
Carcinoid Cancer Foundation
333 Mamaroneck Avenue #492
White Plains, NY 10605